Wednesday 7 October 2015

What I've Been Up to Lately


1. I left Gingerbox and now I write for Tech Cabal. During my first week at Tech Cabal, I got the chance to attend a tech conference in Ikoyi, Lagos. For the duration of the conference, I worked as the Director of Photography. I was in charge of photo sessions and video interviews. It was so cool.
Working as a Director of Photography meant I had to learn new things and do things I couldn't do before. In the process, I also met a couple of pleasant people. Most importantly, the exercise helped me finally decide what programme to study for my Masters.

2. I write more often now, because of the nature of my job. I work as a writer at Tech Cabal, where I write on tech stuff. I always loved tech but didn't consider being a tech writer before. Coming to Tech Cabal has broaden my horizon and positively influenced my thinking. Now I believe I can do anything, as long as it interests me. On the average, I write at least 2 articles a day (about 1000 words).

3. I've just finished reading Emotional Intelligence 2.0 (by Travis Bradberry and Brad Greaves) and Thinking for a Change by John C. Maxwell. Both books have shown me the crevices in my life and I have started taking steps to plaster them. If possible, I will break down those walls with crevices and rebuild them with stronger materials.
This night, I plan to start reading The Business Coach by Bradley J. Sugars.

4. Recently, I sat down to write out all the options I have for my life. This gave me proper perspective. The exercise allowed me to know where I am and better visualize and strategize for where I am going. It's an exercise I recommend for everyone reading this blog post. No matter how flimsy or impossible the option seems, write it down. Make sure the option aligns with your long term goals and dreams.

5 comments:

  1. I also wrote down my goals and it was so nice!
    It is such an amazing feeling. Congrats on your new job
    www.deargoddiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the new challenge. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congrats! I currently got the opportunity to write for a students blog but I'm thinking of turning it down. Questions like "Can I handle the juggling? (school, my blog, their blog)" "What if I get writers block?" I just started taking my blog more seriously and I don't want it (or my grades to suffer). After reading this, I think I might just be taking the cowards way out. 2 articles a day?! Ok then. I'll at least try. And I have decided to take your 4th action and see what I come up with. So thank you.

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good Ijenna. I won't mind knowing what the outcome of your action plan is like when the time comes. Glad you learned something from this :)

      Delete