Friday 19 June 2015

Seyi Popoola Shares His #100DaysOfGrowth Story

Entry 13 by: Seyi Popoola (Twitter: @Seyipops)


I appreciate the author of this project David Adeleke for this opportunity to share things that have contributed to my growth in my very little time on earth. I know it would be a blessing alongside the other stories and experiences shared by others.

I must also add that I am a lifelong learner and I have not yet perfected my experience in the aspects I would be sharing on but as Paul mentioned in the Bible “I press on towards the mark of the high calling forgetting the things behind me”.

I would be sharing my experience on the mental, spiritual and social aspects. There are some habits that have contributed to all the aspects and I would like to review them before sharing on the aspects. 

They include: -
·         God: I believe in God and His infinite love. I have had ups and downs in my life and it’s only because of God that I am able to stand today. His mercy and Grace have kept me. If there is anyone that is reading this and does not believe in Him. I implore you to just go outside and look at the sky, trees and even the air. All these things were created by someone and I know the person “HE IS GOD”.
·         Reading: Someone once said “readers are leaders” readers are leaders because they always come across information before others do and so exhibit qualities that others are yet to learn. Reading has affected my life a lot I have had the privilege of learning from so many writers.
·         Writing: I have a journal where I write my daily experiences and it dates back to over 6 years now, anytime I go over my experiences I remember who I want and should be and it repositions me.

Mental

In the secondary school I attended, every holiday we were always given a book to go and read then summarize and submit the summary. Being the good boy that I was I always did the assignment. I learnt very little things from the books because I was doing the assignment just to be able to submit it. But I discovered that I took an interest in reading motivational books. How did this help me mentally? I read a book “The Success Principles by Jack Canfield” and I learnt one lesson and that was to take 100% responsibility for my life. I made a resolve to not let anything happen to me that was not my fault. Since then my quest to learn more has not stopped. This quest has opened my mind and reshaped my life, wherever I speak people listen because of the level of information that I have come across.

Spiritual

As I mentioned earlier, I believe in God and I have numerous testimonies to share of His faithfulness. My development spiritually is attributed first to the Holy Spirit, He has led me well for a very long time. He is my guide into all Truth. Secondly my friends, I have had the privilege of having friends who yearn after God and so through them I get access to materials, and ministers that have contributed to my growth. One of my most important lessons is that God loves me and there is nothing on earth or in heaven that can stop this love because He already manifested His love when He sent His son to die for my sins. He didn’t just die but He rose to make me a New Creation. 

Social

I had a course mate who always smiled, no matter the circumstance and he was liked by everyone. I mean it was as if no one could annoy him. So I decided to emulate this and start smiling. A happy person draws people because people feel comfortable around him. Not that happy people can’t get angry but they understand that they own their emotions and feelings and they make a conscious decision to always be in their best mood because that’s what is good for them. This attitude has made my social life improve and I try to spread my happiness to others. One attitude I also learnt from a book is that for instance if you knew your neighbor would be the wealthiest person on earth how would you treat them? Obviously you would treat him with respect so therefore treat everyone as royalty even those that annoy you and I can assure you they would always cherish your company.

Thank You

Popoola Oluwaseyi

No comments:

Post a Comment