Sunday 3 January 2016

Ugh! I Lied to Myself

Photo Credit: adam.vradenburg via Compfight cc
Note: This is just a random rant

In the final days of 2015, I made a decision that I was going to read just 25 books in 2016. I convinced myself that I needed to read less and practice more; that I needed to read less books in 2016 than I did in 2015. Turns out I was only deceiving myself.

After going through my book (ebook) stash, and seeing some really great titles that I just have to read this year (that weren’t on my reading list already), I decided “you know what? Screw it!”

I’ve changed my mind. I can’t put a cap on the number of books I will read this year. I won’t even set a target anymore (save for my target of at least 25). I’m going to go with the flow and read whatever appeals to me at the time. Whatever happens, happens.

Happy new year people! We are going to grab 2016 by the cojones (read: grab the bull by the horns) and make the most of our lives!

3 comments:

  1. Its easier setting plans than following them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David.

    So much books to read and little time. I understand what you mean. I bought three books to read this month.

    Take care. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ikechi. Thanks for your comment :)
      Have a wonderful too

      Delete