Friday 10 July 2015

Growth is Constant by Ike Amadi

Entry 19 by Ike Amadi (Twitter: @IkeAmadi)


Growth is constant in life. If you are not growing you are dying.
I am still growing and what is important is to identify areas of growth and work on them. I have since, upon consultation with my mentor, identified four areas where growth and development is needed:
Competence - this refers to what I can do professionally or otherwise. What can I do? What skills do I have?
Credibility - am I certified in the areas of my competence? Do I have evidence to show that I can do those things?
Character - am I loyal? Can people trust me with sensitive stuff? Do I do things anyhow? Am I maturing?
Charisma - what does my presence elicit? Are there aspects of my personal features that needs to be tweaked to have a bolder and more endearing presence?

I have started answering these questions and have experienced immense growth.

To help me answer these questions and equip myself for the journey ahead, I bought several books on purpose, motivation, spirituality, and leadership. I must be better. The goal is to be at a level where I am confident in doing the things I am called to do.

I don't play with studying the word of God and hearing from my mentors via CDs or face to face. I understand the value of investing one's time into securing the future he desires, so I am doing something to expand my mind.

Speaking of expanding my mind, that is my goal for 2015. To have a mind that can conceive bigger things; that can imagine great things and see them come to pass. And to make that happen, I am reading great books and holding conversations with great men. And God has been helping me realize my goals for this year.

Goals. I set goals for myself, and review them from time to time. I set goals for my team and we check to see how we are doing. Are we meeting the schedule? Do we need to add resources to one area or the other? Setting goals and achieving them are a fine way to measure growth. The goals achieved also provide good motivation to continue the journey towards significance.

If you want to grow, then you are saying your current status is not enough. You are saying you don't like the kind of thoughts that are coming out of your mind. You are saying you want a bigger vision. You are saying you want to be part of a mightier crowd. It does take hardwork to grow, but it is only by growing that our lives can be improved.

God bless you as you embark on this journey of growth.

Ike Amadi

No comments:

Post a Comment