Sunday 29 March 2015

10 Things I Planned to Do Before NYSC Ends

Image Source: InformationNG
You guys that are serving, or have served, will agree with me that planning to do stuff during NYSC is commonplace, but achieving those plans isn't so common. Like every normal corper, I made plans too. But omo, things haven't gone the way I hoped. Some plans, I abandoned, others, circumstances didn't let me achieve them.

However, so far, my youth service year has been quite eventful. Before it started in August, I had a bucket list of some sort. Here are some of the things I planned to accomplish:

1. Get a bae. If you laugh you will choke *straight face*
2. Learn how to drive.
3. Start my own business.
4. Have a Project Management certification or any other relevant certification.
5. Write my own book.
6. Save a certain amount of money (I ain't tellin' you how much).
7. Learn how to cook. I can now cook Egusi, Ewedu, Efo, Ogbono, and Okro soups. I can make Eba (who can't? Duh!), and Amala.
8. Be employed.
9. Enter and win some essay competitions.
10. Read at least 40 books.

So, of these 10 things, I've been able to accomplish just 3 [i.e., 6, 7, and 8], and the 4th one is in progress. Can you guess which one it is?
Anyways, what are some things you planned to accomplish this, whether as a Corper or a non-Corper? Share with me in the comments section. Also, what are some things you've been able to accomplish?

8 comments:

  1. I don't need a soothsayer to know which number you're currently working on... I hope you achieve it and get it (her)... or him if you swing that way.. lol

    Anyways, I love this idea.. Can't wait to serve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something that I've been thinking about for a while. I have also barely achieved the goals I set for Nysc. I planned to read books and save a certain amount of money as well, and none of them are close to being achieved.Hopefully in this last 3 months, they will be achieved....hopefully.
    Nice write up David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely no 1. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 2. I had that one on my list. Crossed it off now. I think you should do that next. I had 6 too and thats going well so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely learning how to drive soon. Time is just the hindering factor.

      Delete
  5. Time's running...you've done well on the one's you've ticked off..keep going.

    Ok, I've saved and still saving, started my biz, started my personal project on speaking at secondary schools, employed but that one dey one kain as courts are on strike...what else...doing my 12trip challenge...writing my book small small(laziness sha)..but all in all, i'm on track small. thanks for using this post to set the drive on again.

    Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frances. You've achieved quite a lot.
      Have a great week.

      Delete