Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Burdens of Wealth and Talent

Image Source: Khalifat World
Many of the biggest failures in life have, sadly, been people who came from wealthy backgrounds or people who, at one point in their lives, were touted to become the ‘new Messi’, the ‘new Denzel Washington’, the new ‘Steve Jobs’, and so on. The essence of this article is not is deride anyone but rather to motivate the one who thinks he or she comes from an insignificant background and so has to remain insignificant or that he or she cannot amount to much in life because their talents don’t seem spectacular enough.

Wealth and talent are really two of the biggest burdens anyone can be saddled with in this life. Psychologists have proven that hardwork and commitment are more important to succeeding than wealth and talent. It’s so easy to find a person who has a wealth of talent or comes from a moneyed home but who is still so useless and unproductive. I know a couple of people under this category. In fact, let’s consider some child-movie-stars who were hyped to become big hits but are nowhere today. There’s usually that one person you know who’s immensely talented but never ever seems to be serious about anything.
The point is, you don’t have to be talented or from a wealthy background to become successful. You just need to be diligent and dedicated. I for one, do not remember having any talent, except for some 7 years ago when I used to draw and paint excellently. However, that’s all gone now. Does that mean I’ll not become successful? The fact that there doesn’t seem to be anything special in what I do doesn’t make me worse off than the next talented person. As a matter of fact, this even makes me more motivated in dealing with my life. It makes me more determined to become prosperous and do all I can to make this world a better place.

Thus, do not be discouraged if you aren’t from a very rich home. Moreover, I am of the opinion that you’ll enjoy your success more when you’ve tasted failure. You’ll appreciate your wealth more when you’ve experienced hardships. Don’t let where you are now discourage you. Don’t let your current state weigh you down. Au contraire, see these things as preparatory stages for your success and greatness. See these things as the necessary occurrences that will make your life story more inspiring and motivating to those who you’ll tell it to. I mean, what’s a great story without a few ups and downs in the plot?

1 comment:

  1. and I decided to leave a comment today. I have been following your blog for a while now and I must say you are doing a great job. This would be the first blog I am ever commenting on, bu t i must say you keep this up.

    I learn a lot from you sir. Also note that several others are following too we may not comment, but we are reading and learning to live right

    ReplyDelete