Friday 18 October 2013

To a Child, Nothing is Impossible




I remember when I was still very little; I told my mother that the house I’ll live in will be completely made of glass. I had big dreams and all that mattered to me was that I was able to accomplish those dreams, not considering the several obstacles that I would face. I didn’t think too much about failure because it wasn’t even in the picture. Nothing was impossible and impossible was nothing to me.
Life went on and I grew up. I began to lose my sense of possibility and became more ‘realistic’. I began to face reality and my dreams began to diminish. They became smaller by the day until dreaming big or dreaming at all was alien to me. The truth is this happens to a lot of us. So many people had that possibility mentality and impossibility was nowhere near their thinking until life happened to them. They grew up; and in the process of growing up they lost their possibility mentality and their wild imagination.
Maybe you have come across children who demand seemingly impossible things from their parent. For example, we have kids who ask their ‘poor’ parents to buy them things they can’t afford. These little children go as far as demanding things their parents can only dream of buying. To the kids, what matters is getting what they want without considering obstacles and limitations. But we adults can take a cue from them. This is how we should be thinking.
Just because we’re growing or grown up doesn’t mean we should abandon the limitlessness of our minds and imaginations. Just because we are adults doesn’t mean we aren’t permitted to reason like children once in a while. To a child, nothing is unimaginable. Whatever can be conceived in the mind can be created by the hands. Live limitless! Live creative!

2 comments:

  1. This is good. Thanks for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly..we have been thought to believe a positive mentality is unrealistic and negative is reality..

    ReplyDelete