Wednesday 16 March 2016

Evolution - Stage 4

Image Source: Resilience Beyond

In January 2013, I started this blog as a platform to share my ideas, with no proper form or focus. Anything went.

A few months later it evolved into an inspirational blog. But when ‘inspirational blogs’ started flooding town, I had to move shift focus. Inspirational blogging became [and is now] too common.

In 2014, I started personal development blogging. I was sharing personal development ideas based on my knowledge and experiences. Later on, in the latter part of 2015, I realized how generic this blog was becoming. Then I got to a point where I realized I had to focus and build my blogging around something specific.

Enter book recommendation blogging.

Before the end of April, I will shift completely to something else. I get emails and requests from people asking me to recommend books to them to help them deal with specific issues. In the process, I have realized how much people want knowledge but many don’t know where or how to get relevant knowledge. Relevant knowledge, in this context, means knowledge that deals with specific things in their lives and answers their questions or quells their doubts. People want to know what books to read to help them discover their strengths, know how to start or run a business and how to grow spiritually.

If I were to deal with all those topics using my knowledge and experience as I used to do, there’s only so much I can talk about. But if I draw inspiration and knowledge from the works of proven authorities, I will be able to help more people in the process.

So this is what I will be doing from now on. Every week, I will share ideas from books and articles I read and find interesting. I will also post articles based on requests I get from people who need help creating reading lists or who need help knowing what books to read. After sharing these ideas, I will run a commentary of sorts on them. I’m not just going to take someone’s idea and post it without saying what I think about it. That means I’ll support some ideas and argue against some. The point of this is to help you make better choices on your quest for knowledge and growth.

You’re welcome to send your requests to my email (adeleke.i.david@gmail.com) or simply reach me through Twitter. My handle is @DavidIAdeleke.

Next week Monday will be the first time I will share the first post in the next stage of this blog’s evolution. Thank you for reading :-)

1 comment:

  1. Book recommendation blogging ..nice.
    First time hearing that. And interested.

    ReplyDelete