Tuesday 4 August 2015

Personality of the Week: Olaoluwa Oyedele (@Mr_Oyedele)



My name is Oyedele, Olaoluwa John

Birthday
I was born on the 20th of May, some year in the 90s 
What do you do? (Occupation or prospective field)
I have plans to go into social psychology research at some point.
    
What was growing up like for you?
Growing wasn’t entirely a breeze to be honest. There was plenty pressure on me from an early age thanks to my Whiz kid older brothers but I thank God that I realized that I was different early on. That’s the most negative I can think of however because in retrospect, my family has been a very loving one and we look out for each other. Having two older brothers also means that I was exposed to a lot (sometimes too much) early on. My mom was very hands on in her molding of my personality; safe to say she didn’t hesitate to brandish a rod which was almost always followed by corrective sermons and sometimes (very few times) an apology. I had a middle class upbringing, majorly due to my Dad being a very low-key man. To be honest I feel it has helped to keep me grounded no matter how much I have. We lived in generally poorer areas (to this day) while attending better schools. As a result, I mixed with both the rich and the poor and it has helped me to develop an empathetic and rational view of life and for this I am grateful. Growing up also included plenty colour pencils, sheets of paper and story books.

Role models
At this point, I’d say Ravi Zecharias and Joseph Prince. (Laughs) I know they’re both ministers but I have no intention of going into pulpit ministry. To be honest, I actually relate a lot to Andy Mineo’s line in “Death of Me” where he says “I ain’t got no role models, now I gotta be one…” but those two men are as close as it gets for me.


Favorites (person, movie, artiste, music genre & song, food)
My favourite people you mean (Laughs) will include Bimbo Oshodi and Olanipekun “Lama” Olamide and some other people. These are people I know God put in my life for a reason.
Movie: Dawn of The Dead (what? I love horror *side eyes*)
Artiste: Andy Mineo and Lecrae
Music Genre: Rap and Alternative

Biggest achievement so far
I don’t keep track. But it may include having over 100 Pokemon in my Pokedex (*side eyes*)

Main aspiration in life
It’ll have to be making heaven having lived a comfortable life full of giving here on earth.
      
What do you dislike the most?
Disloyalty, stealing, and social loafing in leadership positions.

Your hobbies and interests
Graphics Design, Music Production, Events Management, Sketching, Anime, Reading Novels, Architecture, Video games, Football, see ehn, the list is long. Let’s just stop here.

Does it matter to you what people think of you?
Yes it does to a certain degree. I know we’re trying to push for a non-judgmental society that tolerates everything but the truth is that if people have a certain opinion about you; you must have projected something which they interpreted to form that opinion. While some people enjoy bad belle, others may have genuine opinions about you that you’re not aware of. So it matters to me what people think because it’s an avenue for me to reexamine myself as I push to become a better person.

Most important lesson(s) you have learned from life
This life is not fair; it never was and it never will be, so it’s up to us to make the most out of what we’re given.

What is your idea of a better Nigeria like?
A better Nigeria would be a country where the priority of government is the advancement of the nation state and where PHCN doesn’t carry their light anyhow.

What would you like to do to make Nigeria a better country?
Job creation and philanthropy; these are two areas dear to me. Also I’m hoping to occupy a political office for the sole aim of doing what is right for whatever sector I find myself in.

A funny thing about you that not many people know
I sometimes have Anime battles in my head with characters of my creation.

(Fuuton! Lightning Ball Anarchy!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment