Tuesday 14 July 2015

Personality of the Week: Tife Soloye

Full name: Boluwatife Modupe Soloye (Princess) 


Birthday: 24th September 1993




What was growing up like for you?


It was actually pretty good. I'm from a relatively large family; I have four siblings. I was born around the time we didn't really have much, so I grew up with lots of love around me. (And people wonder why I can be/am mushy). I'm guessing that's your answer.

I was also born into a Christian household, so family altar and devotion was the norm. 

My parents are both really brilliant in their respective fields so being top in our class was very important; to my mum especially. 

We are a close family, so we share a lot amongst each other. Successes, disappointments, truths, love. 



Role Models



Not meaning to sound cliché, but the sum character trait of Christ is really what I'd like my life to be: Love. 
So, yes, Christ is a role model.
And my sisters, each one of them possesses a character trait I'd love to have or build in myself.



Favorites (person, movie, artiste, music genre & song, food)



I don't have a favorite person. 
I have 'favorite' people. A lot of people are in my life right now and they are so special to my heart. They inspire me in more ways than none and they are truly amazing beings. 
Favorite movie so far for me is The Notebook. The story line is inspiring and it shows me that maybe, just maybe all hope is not lost in humanity and love. 
I don't have a favorite artiste; having to pick one tends to put me in a box. But my playlist ranges from Ed Sheeran to Lecrae. 
I love plantain. It's unhealthy and can be fattening but I love it. 
But I love other foods too, I'm not really one for favorites; food, genre of music, movie. I'm sure you've noticed lol



Biggest Achievement So Far


I'd have to say being sponsored to represent Nigeria at the One Young World Conference 2014 in Dublin. It completely blew my mind because I never believed I would come across such an opportunity. Also, in my small time on earth, I've had my fair share of 'life' but holding on to faith and looking up has been big steps for me. So, those two, so far.



Main Aspiration in Life



Greatest aspiration is to be able to look back on my life and know that my words touched lives and impacted people positively. 
I'm a writer. So for my words to be able to inspire and transform and/or create a positive move, then I will be happy. Truly, deeply happy, asides having other normal human things as well, that will make me happy.



What do you dislike the most?



I hate lies. I'd rather not speak at all than tell a lie. 
As hard as it is I like to know the truth and be able to always tell it.



Your hobbies and interests



I love to write. It's amazing how feelings and experiences can be penned down and it creates an entirely new adventure. I also love to dance. It's liberating. I love to talk to people; exchange knowledge, trade opinions. 
I love to travel. If traveling was free, I honestly don't think I will be seen in one place for more than 3 months.  
I love to read. Books. Blogs. 
I honestly prefer hard copy books to e-books. 
I'm very interested in art. 
Paintings. Music. The works. 



Does it matter to you what people think of you?



Well, honestly, it depends on the person. If it's a close person or someone who matters to me, then yes, what they think and constructive criticism is welcome and considered. 
But random people, no. They don't know me enough for me to allow what they think, matter.




Most important lesson(s) you have learned from life


'People' aren't you. And I am not everyone else. I am me. And if I choose to stick it out for someone, I should not expect the same, because they are not me. And my reaction to things or perception of things will not always tally with others and theirs with mine. And also, being judgmental is only 'easy to do' when it's not you in the situation. It's so easy to give ideal advice to someone else, but when it's you in the fix, it gets shaky. 
Most importantly, to try to love, hard, regardless.



What is your idea of a better Nigeria like?


Steady and substantial improvement on basic infrastructures. Starting from the root will be difficult, but a lot of ground level things need to be fixed and be in place before building a better Nigeria can take place.



What would you like to do to make Nigeria a better country?



It's very easy to say 'It starts from you' 'You need to try' but it gets hard when it comes to putting it to work. 
I'd say, for me, that's the way I can make Nigeria better. I am Nigeria. We are all 'Nigeria'. And so being able to regard the small things like littering, common courtesy, integrity etc. is very important.



A funny thing about you that not many people know

I'm actually very shy, and I stutter. Most of the time, when the extroverted side of me is out, people grasp on to that faster than the shy kid. And I don't blame them because it's a facade I've built over the years and it has stuck with me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tife, it was nice to 'meet'.
    I am actually shy as well but my extroverted self comes out once in a while.

    www.DearGodDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete