Tuesday 7 July 2015

Personality of the Week: Ikechi Awazie




Full name: Awazie Ikechi


Birthday: 15th December 1985


What do you do?
I am an I.T Support Officer for an NGO and a Blogger


What was growing up like for you?

It was very interesting and a fun time. I gained so much wisdom and insight from my parents, family and loved ones. I had the pleasure of being around wise elders who fed me with so many principles. I am also happy that in my early years I got to know Jesus who has helped shaped my life. I enjoyed the journey of growing up and I am still a student of Life.



Role Models

This is a bit tricky as I have so many Role models. I am a fan of change and love to challenge my beliefs and ideas all the time so that is why I am a fan of leaders and legends, who challenge status quo, leave their comfort zone and make a difference. I also believe that everyone can be an inspiration.



Favorites (person, movie, artiste, music genre & song, food)

I love to watch inspirational movies and my favorite food is Fried Yam and Plantain. *Laughs*. I love to listen to some cool Country Music especially Kenny Rogers.



Biggest Achievement So Far

My biggest achievement was creating a very popular blog (Be a Light to the World)



Main Aspiration in Life

My main aspiration is to make a difference in my world. This means that I must strive for excellence in every area of my life.



What do you dislike the most?

I dislike dishonesty. 



Your hobbies and interests

I am a fan of knowledge; I love playing games and engaging in creative pursuits



Does it matter to you what people think of you?

I know that I can’t please everyone so I am always me. I don’t try to be an imposter to make people like me and I am not bothered by what people think about me. I am open to criticism because I find gold nuggets in them.



I know that to make a difference in my generation means that I must genuinely inspire my generation through my deeds and actions.  



Most important lesson(s) you have learned from life

  • I have learned that there is beauty in imperfection and this has made me to understand God’s unconditional love for humanity
  • Nobody is perfect and never look down on anybody because we all possess amazing gifts and abilities from God.
  • Wisdom is the principle thing and lack of it will make one perish so I am a student of wisdom.
  • Never judge except you have either experienced one’s situation or you have successfully been in one’s shoes.
  • Making assumptions is dangerous and it is wise to verify with facts
  • Never think you know it all. Keep learning till the very end.



What is your idea of a better Nigeria like?

A better Nigeria is a nation that will value its citizens so much that it will work towards making the live of its people better and safe. A better Nigeria is a nation that will make a difference in the world and will be the hub of knowledge and wisdom.



What would you like to do to make Nigeria a better country?

I will invest in the people of Nigeria. I believe there are so many brilliant Nigerians who are not given an opportunity to express themselves because of corruption. If I empower the Nigerian people, I think they will do exploits and make our nation a better place.



A funny thing about you that not many people know
I am so young and still single and yet people think I am married

7 comments:

  1. Hi David

    Thanks for giving the opportunity . I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ikechi.

      Delete
    2. Oppppp Uncle ik, proud of you bro😊.

      Delete
  2. Hi Adeleke,
    It's really a great joy to be here to read a bit more about my beloved friend and brother. This post the "Personality of the Week" is really worth reading! You very well knitted the questions and ikechi answered it well.
    I like the most important part in this post is: Most important lesson(s) you have learned from life: That is really great! Indeed, you learned a lot from your life experience!
    His observation is indeed wonderful! Yes, as he said and I would like to repeat: "Nobody is perfect and never look down on anybody because we all possess amazing gifts and abilities from God." Yes, everyone has some gifts provided by the Almighty God! The only thing is to know is that how we are utilizing it or performing it! The sad part is that many use it for their selfish motives, but I am sure such will not have an everlasting effect, instead if we do something good for the fellow being, that will be remembered and noted by everyone, but of course there are some exceptions to this too!!! Most of them may not reciprocate your help but may just ignore it, but my opinion is never mind, do it if you can you will be a blessed person in the long run.
    Thanks David for sharing more about Ikechi.
    May you both have a great time ahead.
    Good Wishes.
    ~ Philip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Adeleke. Hi Ikechi! I see you're popping up everywhere! I have to say it's great to get to know you better via this post. First thing I noticed, YOU ARE SO YOUNG! lol I especially love your important lessons "Never judge except you have either experienced one’s situation or you have successfully been in one’s shoes." Absolutely beautiful my friend. Gladly passing this along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. Ikechi is a really awesome person, I must admit.

      Delete
  4. Clicked on this when I saw it was Ikechi..
    Good to know more about you sir!
    And opps! I'm doing it again, calling the young man sir.lol.

    Keep soaring!

    ReplyDelete