Tuesday 21 July 2015

Personality of the Week: Humphrey Ovias


Full name Humphrey Ovias
Birthday Sept 24 

What do you do? 
Finance Professional with a flair for IT. Working on PrognoStore as both the Head of Product Development and Head of Content Management. 

What was growing up like for you? I grew up in a Christian home so I had a Christian upbringing. Even with this, I can say I grew up too fast, losing my childhood in ways that are difficult to explain. I carried with me enduring sense of my loss into adulthood. 

Role models 
None, I don’t have role models but teachers 

Favorites (person, movie, artiste, music genre & song, food) 
I have a deep sense of my existence so I tend not to be too excited about things, I still enjoy them no doubt. For food I have no emotional attachment or sentiment to Nigerian dishes. 

Biggest achievement so far 
The realization of being a genius. Not because I am the best but because I can do anything and be good at it, not as a matter of pride but a confidence boost for my own sanity. In professional sense, my project PrognoStore. 

Main aspiration in life 
To serve God, be a good husband and father 

What do you dislike the most? 
Dirt  

Your hobbies and interests 
Writing and traveling 

Does it matter to you what people think of you?
I am my own best critic, what others think would generally not count for much

Most important lesson(s) you have learned from life 
Life is like a garden of rocks and flowers, it can be difficult and yet beautiful 

What is your idea of a better Nigeria like? 
The basics need to be covered. Food, Transportation and Electricity. They would positively impact on other areas of life. Difficult to justify the building of an airport in a state where salaries are owed for months.

What would you like to do to make Nigeria a better country? 
Accountability is key. The source of wealth should be questioned. Corruption should be reduced to a level that enhances development. Progress is hampered by the beast of corruption, even if it is treated like a pet. 
 
A funny thing about you that not many people know 
Super shy but got away with it by being funny. Does this count?

No comments:

Post a Comment