Thursday 2 July 2015

Book Recommendation: A Man Worth Waiting For By Jackie Kendall

This entry is by Itunu Taiwo of www.glowingscenes.com

Hi, my name is Itunu Taiwo, I'm a Pharmacist and I love reading, writing, blogging, watching movies, playing video games especially the ones that gets me dancing with a friend or maybe just alone if I get the chance. :)

Personally, if I was given a chance to recommend many books or articles I've read which have actually helped me, I think I would exceed my limit. I do have two on my mind but I was told I should go for one and so I would be going for A man worth waiting for, how to avoid a bozo.
 I think I was just led to pick this book because on a normal day, it's not my go to book. I would gladly pick a Maxwell or Lucado or Peretti or Joyce over a book that tells you about Mr Right and yada yada but believe me when I say I haven't regretted reading this book ever since I bought it. I tell you it's been FANTASTIC. I think I fell in Love with Jackie Kendall as I kept reading and digesting every word she shared. 

Secondly, I think she under-named the book (if there's anything like that) because every man and Woman must read the book. I was just in the middle of the book and I wish I could buy for many women out there. And for the guys, I wish they could read it and see things from a wonderful perspective. I was really enlightened and my resolve was strengthened that all hope isn't lost. It speaks to both gender. Forget the name, it was a wonderful book. It explored the riches of the book of Ruth in the Bible and how a man like Boaz could be differentiated for a Bozo.

That Bozo vs Boaz was a classic one.

I learned so much from AMWWF. It has taught me so many things and strengthened my resolve that yes, there are still Men in this world that are worth waiting for. And while I wait, the only one who can even help me discern this truth is how much I've dug into the Word as well. How deep my intimacy with Jesus is. He's the only one that keeps one steady in a world where we are encouraged to settle for less.

I also learned from her that I would rather remain single than settle for less. If God's best man isn't showing face yet, then I don't mind. Because only God gives the best. I pray for grace because it's not easy, but nothing is beautiful than getting married to the one God wills for you.
Anything less than that isn't beautiful. A man like Boaz gives me inspiration, gives me hope. I had to read the story of Ruth again because when the woman just kept spilling spiritual indepth from the book, I was wondering if I had read Ruth before in my life. lol.

So, I guess that's it. I really hope you get your own copy and start reading. I have to admit it has changed my life in amazing ways and helped me to pour myself on God completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment