Monday 1 June 2015

Frances Okoro Shares Her Growth Story #100DaysOfGrowth


"Frances, you've really changed oh..."
Those were the words from someone with whom I shared my personal experience on being free from sexual addictions after the just concluded #ChastityForMenSeries on my blog.
And if you had known me some 4 years ago like he did, I imagine that you would share the same sentiments about me.


Now picture this...
Young girl in the university some odd 4-5 years ago, in a relationship with a smoker, ex-cultist, liar and cheater.
Completely lacking any worthy self- esteem about herself, scum of the earth and a fat girl wanted by no one else (at least according to her then boyfriend)
Fast forward some years later...
Same girl, now a lawyer, vocal for Christ, secure in the knowledge of who she is in God and fulfilling purpose one step at a time.
How does one transition from being the girl cowering under the shadow of "I am not good enough" to encouraging others she has never met before on issues that they share with her?
How does one transition from feeling like she is worth nothing to living a life of purpose, organizing seminars in secondary schools and speaking to young girls on how they can impact the world positively with their gifts and talents?
How can someone with such a stained past have anything good to share with others?
Apparently a lot according to the God who created her.
I have watched from the sidelines as God molded me and called me His.
As He called me His and gave me a purpose on earth in Him.
As he raised the nobody into somebody.
As he wrought growth in and through me.
If I take any more steps out into the sidelines, my own life will be like a movie flashing before my eyes.
I recently thought about how I used to think that I had spiritual issues because I couldn't hold a relationship with a guy who cheated on me and slapped me at one time.
But now I know that I am worth more than a man who chips at my self-esteem and makes me feel less than who I am.
I know that the man who should have my heart is one whose heart is in the hands of God.
I now know that I can't settle for less than God's best for me maritally.
I now know that God's ultimate purpose for me has to come to light even before marriage.
It's God-discovery - self-discovery before spouse discovery.
Anything outside of that plan spells disaster.
Now I know that love isn't staying in an emotional wrecking ball relationship; love is as it is spelt out in 1 Corinthians 13. Anything outside of that kind of love isn't love at all.
And any love that leaves God out of it as its foundation isn't love at all too.
I have experienced such tremendous emotional and spiritual growth in the years since I gave my life to Christ but the one that completely bowls me over is how God took a girl, dirty and soiled and set her feet on the rock for Him.
Filling her with purpose and giving her lives to impact positively for Him.
Turning the mess into a message.
That is the greatest growth in my life.

That is the most awesome thing ever!

About Frances

Frances Okoro is a Lawyer, writer and blogger.
She dreams of living a full life, complete with traveling the world and sharing her beautiful smiles with everyone she comes across. She is however, more enraptured with a desire to fulfill her God-given purpose on earth.
It is her utmost desire that everyone know that they are on earth to fill a niche, impact the world and manifest their light.
She tries to spread this message across to everyone(mostly ladies) by speaking to young girls in secondary schools and hopes to advance this goal further with her current status as a Nigerian Youth Service Corp Member (NYSC).

You can read more awesome words from her on www.imperfectlyperfectlives.com
You can keep in touch by liking her page on Facebook at Imperfectly Perfect Lives
Follow her on twitter @FrancesOkoro
And on instagram @frances_okoro

2 comments:

  1. Hello david! You have a nice blog.

    This is inspiring. I read her blog and her writings her practical. I always learn a new thing. Thanks for sharing your growth story, Frances.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abraham!
      Glad it resounded!

      And thanks David for this opportunity t share..

      Delete