Friday 5 June 2015

Gabriel Esu Shares His Growth Story #100DaysOfGrowth

Entry 9 by: Gabriel Esu (Twitter: @GabEsu)

The God 

In as much as I have various personal opinions on Christianity and Religion, one thing is for sure. There is a God, and even God can be (permit me to use the word) ‘afraid’ of the endless possibilities of man. It occurred to me one hot afternoon when I was in University and looked at the story of The Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9).



Man dared to build a tower that will reach the heavens. Let that settle in. A Tower that reached the heavens. Not Sky, Not Space, the heavens. They believed and worked towards it and best believe they were going to get there. God himself had to but confusion amongst them because he knew they would achieve their goal.

And the Lord said, “Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them. Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech. (Genesis 11: 6-7)

This bible passage boosted my creativity and mentality immediately. From that moment I knew I could l do anything, absolutely anything as long as I can think of it and work towards it, and hopefully I can bring God down again. Everything is Possible.


The Mind 

I am a very visual person. I learn more from what I see and hear than from what I read. I observe people, life and things and learn from them. I read a lot too, but I don’t believe in lengthy books. I believe whatever you can say in 1000 pages you can say the same in a 100 pages. A couple of little books that really worked on my mind and changed my life are:

1. Brutal Simplicity of Thought by M&C Saatchi

2. Hegarty on Creativity by Sir John Hegarty

3. Whatever you think, Think the Opposite by Paul Arden

4. It’s not how good you are, Its how good you want to be by Paul Arden

5. The power of positive thinking by Norman Vincent Peale


The Cash 

I’ve always been bad with money, until I had a friend (Wukeh Egem-Odey) he was so accountable. He literally wrote down every transaction he made, both income and expenditure. I on the other hand just spent and collected as it pleased me, and knew nothing of saving. But I implemented Wukeh’s method and downloaded an app called Expense on my iPhone and kept track of my expenditure and income. I was surprised at the outcome, I could finally pinpoint the irrelevant things that were gulping my money.

Tithing. Even if I don’t believe everything I hear in church, I am a very practical person. I’ve tried tithing and it works (mysteriously). I actually does, and don’t ask me how, it just does. Im a very practical person and if something works I’ll stick to it. Tithing will definitely help your finances, I promise you.


The People 

I value people and relationships a lot. Although I find it hard to keep in touch but I try as much as possible to be a blessing to as much as I can and let them know they can call on me in case of anything even though I don’t really keep in touch.

I believe theres a time for everything and thats the ultimate thing we need to understand. Play, work, travel, sleep and just be cool. Do it in good proportion and let nothing suffer because of the other. A good life is a life of Balance.

- Gabriel Esu

PS: Gabriel is one of the most creative people I know. Check his Twitter out; he is so funny and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment