Sunday 24 May 2015

How Do I Increase Traffic To My Blog?

Image Source: Speaker Magazine
A lot of the bloggers I have met have this at the top of their list, they want to increase blog engagement. For a while, I have been running this blog but I never really got a good return in terms of feedback. People hardly commented on my blog and this bothered me. I tried to find a solution by asking some of my friends and social media contacts to share my blog links and leave comments but that got me nowhere. A lot of them were not responsive to my request. Luckily for me, along came Ikechi Awazie who introduced me to some methods and has been a great help so far.



Over the last few days, things have changed. Now, my blog posts get a lot of comments. The blog comments have grown from 0-5 or 7 per post in just a matter of days. Also, my daily traffic rate has doubled.

So, I thought it would be nice to share the ways I have been able to increase my blog engagement (that includes comments, traffic, social media shares, likes, retweets and favorites) with you. If you are interested in getting more people interested in your blog, then you are welcome to follow my footsteps.

1. Join A Blogging Community

There are quite a number of blogging communities out there, you just have to find which one suites your niche the most. For me, I have found a home with the Aha!Now Blogging Community (ABC) and they welcomed me with open arms. It has been a great symbiotic relationship in the group so far. In fact, I call them family.

So, I advice you to find a blogging community and learn their ways. It will really help you. If you blog about fashion, find a fashion blogging community (there are loads of them out there). If you are into art, music and so on, find the community that suites you and join them.

2. Improve Your Blog Content And Post Stuff People Really Want To Read

I used to think my blog content was very good until I started visiting more blogs like mine. Reading some amazing blogs forced me to step up my content. This led to the #100DaysOfGrowth project which has been a massive success so far.

People have sent emails and comments about how the stories are inspiring and helping them. Even I know that it is a great improvement on what my blog has been so far.

So, you have to brainstorm and come up with content that you observe people are keen to read or will be keen to read and talk about, and put up such content on your blog. If you don't blog about what people want, then they will have no reason to look at your blog once or twice.

3. Comment On Other Blogs

This is explanatory enough. Life follows a simple law of sowing and reaping, or reciprocation. What you sow you reap, and what you do to others they will do to you.

PS: Don't leave insincere comments. No one likes that.

4. Share Other Blogs' Posts That You Like

Whenever you read a blog or web article and you like it, share it. Some of these bloggers or web owners will tweet at you or send you appreciatory messages. Most of the time, they too will go to your blog (if you have the link in your social media bio) and share your stuff too. But first, they must like what they see, hence, the need to put up great content.

5. Put Other Bloggers' Links In Your Article

By doing this, you will make people happy because you are helping direct traffic to their site. The good ones will know to return the favor. This way, you will rank higher in Google search results because of the backlinks.

I hope my method works for you. Now, you should start your practical by sharing this post and leaving a comment with your weblink in it. Also, follow me on Twitter: @DavidIAdeleke and on Facebook: Adeleke David.

Don't forget to subscribe for regular updates.

7 comments:

  1. Hello David,

    So happy to land at your blog from Aha!NOW community! :)

    Well, that's the type of topic which I interest to read and contribute.

    To add my thoughts, I definitely agree with every single thing. For the reciprocation, we actually just think of not reciprocating.

    Like we comment somewhere in the hope that anyone will return to our place, if that's the idea behind blog commenting, we will likely find just a handful amount of bloggers who actually would do it. By the time we will lose the interest entirely in blog commenting.

    I am really a fan of blog commenting. Not because it works but it is the powerful medium to get connected with the fellow bloggers. Assume that you keep visiting a blog and contribute with your thoughts and views on every single blog post he/she shares. After awhile, you'll become his/her good friend. And that's what blog commenting does.

    Become a nightmare (in a good sense) that the fellow bloggers see your name in their dreams. :)

    Good post! Aha!NOW is the best one to give boost to everyone blogging at any level.

    Keep it up and hope for the best to hit your door in near future!

    See me often!

    ~ Adeel Sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    Wonderful indeed :)

    Let me start by thanking your for mentioning the ABC (Aha!NOW Blog Community) here, as one of the ways to increase blog traffic, which I think happens naturally once you join the ABC and just interact with the other members.

    I am SO glad things have started working for your, whether it's the comments, traffic, and other smaller bits of help other Ahaian's would readily offer you. Nothing gets better, isn't it? That's just the reason to create such a platform, to help bloggers in more ways than one.

    You are right, if you provide content your readers like, they'd keep coming back asking for more! Commenting on other blogs helps build relationships with other bloggers, who gradually start becoming your regulars, if you become their's - reciprocation plays a major role here, as you must be experiencing now.

    Linking to relevant posts helps, and so does sharing the ones you like - after all, the blogosphere runs on give and take :)

    Thanks for sharing. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips David, will definitely look into the joining a community thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay that's good. Kindly let me know when you join.

      Delete
  4. Hi David, excellent post. I landed here from the Akin Alabi contest.

    Your comment there spoke volumes and I decided to check you out. I'm not in any way disappointed. Well done.

    Traffic is every blogger's nightmare. But these are very nice tips to follow. Content is still king. I'll sure check out ABC. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David. Thanks a lot. Its interesting to hear about the community thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for reading my blog.

      Delete