Monday 18 May 2015

Don’t Wait For the Right Time or Moment #100DaysOfGrowth

Entry 5 by: Ikechi Awazie (Twitter: @ikechiawazie)

Image Source: Funny Animal Pictures

I want to express my gratitude to David for giving me the opportunity to share with you. It is an honor and a privilege to be writing on this blog. So sit tight and let’s get this post rolling.

Just imagine that after you were born to this world, 20 years later you still look the way you are. You haven’t grown at all and you still have the same mindset, same belief system and the same statue. Wow! How would you feel?
It is obvious that growth is very much important. No one ever wants to be on the same level. Even nature wants us to keep moving forward.
However, there is something that keeps people from growing and it is very subtle that people don’t know that it is harmful. This problem is when we wait for the right time or moment before one achieves his dreams.
Maybe you have a great idea that you know will be able to solve people’s problems or you have a dream that will that touch people’s life on earth but you are waiting for the right time or the resources to achieve your dream, I am telling you that you are never going to take the step. This lesson I learned the hard way.
My passion for writing goes right from my early years. It gives me pleasure express my thought and opinions. So when the opportunity of blogging came to my attention, rather than start immediately and begin the process to achieve my dreams, I developed mental excuses or what people will call “Analysis Paralysis”.
I began researching on blogging. I would read several articles, listen to audios and watch videos and It did not take long before I had the knowledge of blogging but the strange thing is that I never began to blog.
I would always dream that I would have a blog that will be an authority in the blogosphere and would pray that God should give me an idea on the theme which he did but I still did not write. I was waiting for the right time and a magical moment.
About a year later, I still had not started a blog and that is when it dawned on me that I was wasting time. So I took the plunge and stared my Blog (www.awazieikechi.com).
I have been able to make a difference with my Blog (www.awazieikechi.com) and I was recently nominated for the Nigerian Blog awards. All this would never have happened if I did not take the first step.
So don’t wait for the right time or moment, start right now to achieve your dreams.

14 comments:

  1. HI Ikechi - good to read your guest post here, and a pleasure to be over at your blog too David :)

    I loved the topic of discussion....time waits for no one! You are absolutely right - we often sit waiting for the right moment, but forget the moment never comes...it is the NOW, this present moment when we have to take the plunge and do what's required.

    One can relate to your story Ikechi, something that most people go through as we want to take a sure step, so think that we need to know it all before we start anything new. Happens with us too - but then we miss the train! We get so late and we realize later that there were so many who weren't as good as us, yet they were blogging, so why did we take so long.

    So glad you finally started your blog, and look how far you've come - great going indeed :)

    Thanks for sharing it with us at the ABC too. Have a nice week ahead, both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harleena

      You are absolutely right and I loved the way yo summarized this post.

      Yes time waits for no man and sometimes waiting for the right moment makes one to take no action.

      Yes one might be late in taking action but it better than doing nothing at.

      I am glad I started blogging because I have been able to meet awesome people like you.

      Thanks for sharing

      Delete
  2. Hey Ikechi,
    I am also agree with you that if we did not take the first step then nothing would happen.Your post related to these quotes "Tomorrows work do today, today's work now If the moment is lost, the work be done how".And these are right quotes.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deep

      I love your quote and you are so write. If we do not take the first step then what we we be able to achieve sitting in one place.

      Thanks for sharing your wisdom. Have an awesome week.

      Delete
  3. Waiting for the right time will never get us anywhere. Sometimes the waiting is a reflection of fear and doubt: Will this work? Am I good enough? What if I fail and people mock me? Once we get rid of our fears and shut down the voice of the inner critic, we can take the leap of faith and start doing what we love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CS

    You are absolutely write. Waiting for the right time will never make us achieve our dreams rather it reflects our fears and doubts. Such doubting questions will never enable us to begin the journey but coming wishing and dreaming.

    Thanks for sharing your insight. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ikechi,

    So loved this post and congrats on this guest blog post at David's place!

    I can certainly relate this situation to me, it fits on me.

    I came to know of the blogging thing back in 2005 but you know when I registered my first domain, it was back in 2009 but didn't work on it at all. Then in 2013, I felt the urge to start the blog again and then got my own domain in my name but always excused, I excused in the morning then in the evening and kept it going every day till the start of 2015 when I decided to really do it.

    So, you can imagine that I waited for 10 years to start blogging, actually waited for the right time to knock my door which it never did and really it never does.

    All you have to do is to reach closer to your dreams and act ASAP. Sometimes research is good but don't give the years into it to frame yourself as an expert.

    Think just one thing, today's experts were newbie but they started years back in their professions when we were just dreaming about getting involved in so many things which wasn't right at all.

    You have to be immediate, pursue one field, be one and remain just one.

    Thank you for this awesome content, buddy! It pushed me to express my story. :)

    ~ Adeel Sami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adeel

      Wow! 10 years is really a long time.

      Thank you for sharing your story and you are %100 right that we should wait for long but take action and learn along the way.

      If experts started as newbies before they became who they are today, then there there is room for us to make mistakes and learn.

      Thanks for sharing buddy

      Delete
  6. Wonderful post, Indeed
    I can connect with your story, Ikechi. I Earlier, I also used to read motivational topics and quotes. Even, I have a passion to read and write. I am glad we have so many things in common.
    I was also thinking for the right time. But, I thought to start a blog and share my thoughts with everyone. In this process, I received wonderful love from the people. and interacted with lovely people.
    I am happy for all your achievement in life. And, I wish you more success and happiness in your life.
    Your journey echoes a wonderful message: We must not stop for the right moment. This is the perfect moment to realize our true dreams
    Thanks David for sharing Ikechi's thoughts on your blog. You are doing an awesome job to bring joy in other's life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yatin

      Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you were inspired by my story.

      There are so many people who have great gifts and talents but are waiting for a magical moment to achieve their dreams. It is never going to happen till they take the step.

      Thanks for sharing your story Yatin. Have an awesome week buddy.

      Delete
  7. Hi Ikechi,
    I seen this on Google+ and came right over. It is a pleasure to meet you too David.

    There is no right time because time waits for no one. It is a natural process to grow so why stunt it? It is only an excuse. If there is one thing we can count on in life it is change. And if we don't align ourselves to it, we are doing a disservice to ourselves.
    We have to take the necessary steps to move forward with our lives and our business. Sure unknown territory is a bit scary, but one tiny step can change all that.
    I do believe it is the natural order of things. Keep on inspiring us!
    -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna

      Glad to see you in David's blog and thank you for the kind words

      You are so right and I love your point of view. There is no point in dreaming when there is room for one to take action, to make mistake and change.

      If we are afraid of the growing process, then like you brilliantly mentioned, we are doing ourselves a great disservice.

      Thank you for sharing your wisdom. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  8. Hi Ikechi

    If ever there is a right time, it is the time called now. I always say, never postpone until tomorrow what an be done today. On the flip side of that too is that God's timing is the best! He gives us the vision/dream and then He has to perfect the plan so that when it is executed man do not take credit for it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Yvonne

    You are 100% correct. God's timing is the best and the pioneer of vision and dreams. His plan for us is good and perfect . His will for us leads to excellence.

    Thanks for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete