Friday 19 December 2014

The 5 Best Books I Read in 2014

This year I read at least 20 books (poor, right? I know). Of those 20 or more books, there are 5 that influenced and helped me the most and I will rank them in that order [counting down from 5 to 1]. So, here goes:



5. How They Started: How 21 Great Business Ideas Became Great Global Business [Ed. by David Lester]


This book gave me insight into the success stories of some great business and it strengthened my resolve and decision to go on and create a company worthy of global recognition and one that will positively impact the world in countless ways.

4. How to Win Friends and Influence People [by Dale Carnegie]


This is definitely one of the greatest books on relationship building ever written. I read it when I was appointed as a service unit coordinator in the university. It helped me learn how to deal with people and it was the turning point in my approach to motivation and leadership. It also gave me insight into human behavior and it is recommended for everyone who wants to build the wonderful ability to deal with all kinds of people.

3. Love: the Way to Victory [by Kenneth E. Hagin]


At a time when I was in dire need of understanding how to deal with people, this book helped me understand how love operates. The Bible said that we can't claim to love God who we do not see when we do not love our brother that we see. I recommend this book for everyone. It'll show you (to an extent) how divine love works in and through us.

2. The Richest Man in Babylon [by George S. Clason]


Any book I read more than once must be an exceptional book. And that is exactly what this book is. It taught me the importance of financial intelligence and the wisdom of money. Reading it helped me get a grip on my spending and it made financial planning easier to do. It's surely good for everyone.

1. The Pursuit of God [by A.W. Tozer]

Image Source: Butterflies and Epiphanies
If you follow me on social media you will know I have read this book and I keep shouting about it. After the Bible, this is the most life-changing book I have ever read. It's so good I've read it 3 times in just 4 months. It helped me finally let go of the prosperity theology and find real pursuit in Christ. Ambition became unimportant and all I want now is to fulfill God's plan for and through my life. It's also helped me come to terms with many other things in life.

What of you? What are some of the best books, or blog articles you read in 2014 (or any year at all) that you think are very good and you recommend for others?

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful books. I recommend think and grow rich by Napoleon Hill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it. But what lesson or lessons were you able to draw from it?

      Delete
  2. Manuscript found in Accra by Paulo Coelho is one of the books I believe everyone should read. Asides the fact that it is an inspirational book, it is also a spiritual one that helps us recognise and appreciate the seemingly little things. It also has beautiful prayers to God. I have some extracts on my blog www.mateyscott.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You have a really beautiful blog. But could you give m the direct link to the article? I couldn't find it easily. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Thank you. Here is a link http://www.mateyscott.com/?s=manuscript+found+in+accra

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Alchemist by the same Author is one other people I would recommend.

    ReplyDelete