Wednesday 15 October 2014

Personality of the Week: Oriana Jemide (@RianaRiya)

Full name Oriana Jemide
Date of birth 21/05/1996
University/Year/Prog Falmouth University/Year one/BA Fashion Design
Interests and Hobbies Writing poems, reading novels, cake decorating, playing basketball, singing,  dancing, going to the theatre, watching Indian Movies
Dislikes Hypocrites, gossips, people who chew loudly
Occupational Prospect I hope to become a Fashion Designer
Favorite food Japanese food
Favorite songs Missing You Now - Michael Bolton, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - Amy Winehouse, I Apologise - Anita Baker, Bag Lady - Erykah Badu, Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross, Candy Rain - Soul 4 Real
Favorite musicians or bands Anita Baker, Amy Winehouse, Erykah Badu, Common, J Cole, Talib Kweli, Boyz II Men, Westlife, The Script
Worst movie ever New Moon
A movie you'd like to watch while on a date Pulp Fiction
Describe your ideal romantic partner Spontaneous, a great sense of humour, God fearing, a good cook, a deep thinker, a lover of literature and art

Do you like soccer? Yes I love football
What club do you support and who’s your favorite footballer? Manchester United. Although he doesn’t play anymore- Paul Scholes
Who's your favorite artist classical and modern? Yinka Shonibare
Role models Jesus Christ, my dad, Maya Angelou, Angelina Jolie, Martin Scorsese
Describe yourself in 10 years A newly wed, with two successful clothing lines and a jewellery line, on the Forbes Top 100 (by God's grace), a philanthropist, a UN member, a women's rights activist
If you could change just 1 thing in the world, what would it be? Inequality (I would ensure a close to equal distribution of income)
Personal guiding philosophy James 1:4 - Consider it pure joy when you face trials and temptations
Your most embarrassing moment A time when I was in year 9 and I was chasing my friends down the stairs of one of our school blocks. I fell and landed flat on my face in front of a bunch of year 10 boys...worst moment ever
Favorite Bible character and Why Mary with the alabaster box (Matthew 26:7), although she's not one of the big characters she's my favourite because I relate to her on a personal level, it was her story that drew me closer to God. I love the fact that she was not afraid to go to Christ with the little she had, she was a prostitute but she made it her mission to wash the feet of a righteous man. She went to Christ with all her sins knowing that with that single act (washing his feet), He will make her clean. Her story is a reminder that you are not too lost to be saved as long as you're willing to be saved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment