Sunday 29 June 2014

Now That I'm a Graduate...

Source: www.busigence.com
I'm glad. I'm happy. I'm elated. By God's grace and mercy, I have bagged my first degree. I can't forget the feeling of satisfaction that pervaded my heart the moment our University Chancellor uttered the sentence "I accept you into your first degree" and our Registrar said "You may turn your tassels." Two days after my graduation (convocation), reality has slowly began to dawn on me. From this time henceforth, I am on my own. It's every man for himself now.
From what I've observed and what I have been told, this life I am about to commence is made up of countless people running a rat race. However, if there's anything I have come to learn from school in the last four years, it is that people who are walking in the center of God's plan for their lives do not run a rat race; albeit, they are running the marathon race of life. The night before we were released as 'Eagles' (as the graduates from my school, Covenant University, are always referred to), our Chancellor gave us 5 Perspectives for an Ever-Winning Life. I'd like to share these perspectives with you guys, hoping that you learn from and imbibe them as part of your life. Whether you are just graduating, you have just graduated, you graduated long ago or you're still an undergraduate, these five perspectives will be important to you if you must live a fulfilled life, and make heaven. They are:

  1. Life is a race. Like I said before, many people are living a life of survival because many people do not know what God created them to do. From observation, I know that those who walk in God's plan for their lives do not struggle with other people. They do not have to compete with, or try to step on others to succeed. Although life promises to be full of challenges, I am confident that life also promises to be full of victories. Remember, all that run in a race run to receive a prize, therefore, you must run as one who desires to win a prize at the end of your race.
  2. Life is a seed-time and harvest adventure. In life, you should know by now that what you sow is what you reap. The farmer that folds his hand while others are planting seeds will weep and regret when others are harvesting their crops and he has nothing to harvest. The earlier you start sowing seeds, the better for your future. Do not rest on your laziness today and expect to reap the rewards of hardwork tomorrow. Ain't gon' happen.
  3. Life is work. My Chancellor emphasized this point, saying that "the value and worth of your life is determined by the quality and quantity of work that you put in" (paraphrased). Life's riches only answer to those who put in valuable and worthy work. Check out the most successful people in the world; they happen to be very hardworking because they realize the importance of work. Lazy people do not become successful. Don't think the Kardashians are lazy please, they actually put in a lot of work. LOL!
  4. Life is a warfare. As you would know, life will always present challenges your way. However, it is out of these challenges that champions are born. It is the trials of life that you overcome to be triumphant and the tests of life that make for your testimony. It's not a church-sermon  thing, it is a hard truth. Daily, people lose this war but you must understand that each passing day, each day that you are alive is a chance for you to forge ahead and keep winning the battles of life.
  5. And finally, Jesus is life. Of course! I am always going to put this. All my life, I have grown up as a Christian. I know of a truth that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. There is no other name by which men are saved and justified except by the Name of Jesus. You may end up being successful outside Christ but I know that no one will make Heaven without Christ. Give your life to Him today if you haven't done so already. With Jesus, every thing is sure. And nothing can separate us from the Love of God. Not even death.
#Selah! 

2 comments:

  1. Hapy convocation.receive more grace to face the worlds challenges and again thank u for sharing these word.

    ReplyDelete