Wednesday 22 January 2014

THE TEST OF FAITH

People are funny. When all is going fine, they are absolutely in love with God. The moment something negative come their way they begin to doubt God’s credibility and question His goodness. I can say this because I once was like that. Few years ago, I would blame God for all my demise because I felt it was His responsibility to see that nothing goes wrong with me and that all works out well perfectly. I never once considered the fact that God knew what He was doing. Every time something bad happened to me (especially financially) I would quote the Bible and ask God why He did not “provide for my needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus”. This used to be my own major attack point. I was not wise enough to understand the rules of life.

The fact is that life will always throw tests your way. Life will always test your faith and resolve. My mentor always says that “the exams of life have no timetable”. They can always show up at any time and there’s nothing we can do about that. The best we can do is all we can and that is to live ready. It is ignorance that causes people to doubt God and His credibility. He’s not a man; has never been and will never be. He’s not like us: He has not ability to tell a lie. Whatever ‘bad’ thing comes our way is because challenges are only normal and are intended by God to prepare us for greater things ahead. It’s evident in the way school life is designed. For every class you get to, in order to move to the next higher class, you need to write tests and exams. This is exactly how God has designed life to be for us.

He made it so we can face tests and challenges that will make us stronger and grow our faith in Him. He also wants us never to forget that there’s an ultimate prize: Heaven, and He wants us to make it there. Moreover, He intends that we reign as Kings on earth but no King ever became great without winning battles and overcoming opposition. So, the next time a challenge comes your way, ask God for help and face it head on. Remember, whatever challenge you’re going through is only preparing you for something greater ahead. 2 Cor. 4:17 says “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (NKJV).

1 comment:

  1. I found this really inspiring. "exams of life have no time table" I love that.
    http://mateyscott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete