Tuesday 14 January 2014

Lost- A Poem by Ibukun Awosika (@Aunty_Hotstuff)



I'm lost,
Not the kind I used to be;
Lost and hopeless,
My future bleak.
Blinded by the world's lusts,
Sinful desires; my everyday muse.
Torn between light and dark,
The dark taking over.
I could not see it,
I did not know.
Ignorance lay in bed with me at night,
Regrets sat at the table with me by day.
I was lost and I didn't even know it.

I'm still lost,
But not that kind of lost,
I'll explain.
I'm lost in His grace,
Engulfed by His mercy,
The darkness has given way,
My eyes flooding with constant light.
I'm lost in His life,
I stand as His inheritance, His heir and His child.
I'm lost in his love,
And daily renewed mercies.
I'm lost in what He gave up on the cross.
This new loss has led me to life,
Now sinful desires have no hold over me,
Ignorance replaced by His word,
Regrets washed away by His blood,
I'm lost in God's goodness,
I'm lost in His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment