Wednesday 25 December 2013

The Thing About Christianity


The past year has been full of so many trials, temptations challenges and ultimately, victories. As a Christian, I have had to endure countless blog posts and website articles slandering my Faith and confusing my fellow brothers in the Faith. Recently, I came across a post on Facebook by one of the people I look up to; someone I respect and I was disappointed. I wasn't disappointed in the fact that he isn't a believer. I was disappointed in the fact that he wrote that Christianity is confusing. Some of you may agree with him but this only goes to prove how little you know.
Furthermore, people have been bringing up the issue of whether or not Jesus was born in December. This is a minor matter. It's not even important. What does it matter when Jesus was born? What matters is that we are celebrating the most influential being our planet will ever see.
The truth is, I guess I'm just sad at the fact that more ignorant people are saying wrong stuff. The most painful part is that these people are highly influential. For example, look at the caliber of people that support homosexuality despite the fact that the Bible calls it a sin. These people go as far as undermining the Bible.
What I am saying in essence is that we Christians need to step up to the challenge. We've sat back too long. The wrong people are out there saying all the wrong things. Christianity wasn't made for us to be mediocre. Jesus died to give us the world as a heritage. It is not for us to sit around and wait till it's time for heaven. We've got to make the most of our time here on earth. That is what Christianity is really about. Have a lovely Christmas. Keep these words close to heart.

3 comments:

  1. well said....we just gotta stay strong...we have to strive to build our faith so we won't fall like a pack of cards. i see dese things too..and i get sad....but the one who cald us is faithful to carry us and keep us and increase us in d knowledge of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fellow Christian who has issues with parts of your post. But rather than argue, I am just going to say Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cindy. Please I'd like to know what your issues are with this post. Could you email me please. Merry Christmas to you. Hope you enjoy the best life has to offer this season.

    ReplyDelete